Costa Rica is one the most beautiful, amazing countries you could visit in the world. From breathtaking rain forests to relaxing beaches, it has everything.
Places to Visit
- Guiones Beach, Nosara; having 300 days a year of surfable waves makes this beach on of the top surfing beaches in the world. With sandy bottom beach brake the waves are often quite small for beginners. But when the bigger swells come in, only experienced surfers are allowed in the water.
- Tamarindo Beach, Tamarindo; Tamarindo Beach is right off the center of town. Offering restaurants and stores right next to it including the big waves for surfing makes this beach one of the most visited beaches in Costa Rica.
- Avellanes Beach, Little Hawaii; This is one of the most secret surfing spots in Costa Rica due to the fact that it is for experts only. Don't plan on staying in a fancy hotel here, public transit can't reach this beach, you have to come in your own vehicle.
- Hermosa Beach, Jaco; Home of the International Quicksilver Chamionship where hundreds of experts flock to every August. It is a black sand beach that stretches 10 km along the coast.
Now, if you like to lay back and sip a Pina Colada in a crystalline water beach, then these are your better choices
- Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park; this beach is one of the popular destination in the country. This beach is a coastal rainforest great for vacation. It takes 30 minute to hike from the national park to the actual beach. But it certainly is worth the hike.
- Conchal Beach, Guanacaste; White sand and tiny shells sprinkle the shoreline of Conchal Beach. It is a less popular beach, bu it's one of the most beautiful in Costa Rica. The beach backs up to the all-inclusive
Westin Playa Conchal ResortA lot of coral and underwater discoveries can be made here, so bring your snorkeling gear.
- Dominical Beach, South Pacific; Dominical Beach is a family beach due to its all year lifeguard program. It's located off the beaten path of the South Pacific Coast and is surrounded by great restaurants.
- Manzanillo Beach, Southern Carribean Coast; This beach offers amazing turquoise waters and white path sands. It is known for its beautiful coral reefs and seaside tropical rainforest. It can explored by kayak, and you can also dive and snorkel.
If you're not the kind of person who likes the sun and the breathtaking beaches, you can take tours in the huge, misty, green rainforests of Costa Rica. There are an extreme amount of forests in Costa Rica, but these are the most known for their professional tours and breathtaking views.
- Manuel Antonio National Park; for a close up glimpse of the wild rainforest of Manuel Antonio, this place is the best. It is a favorite located on the central Pacific coast, it is one of the most visited places in Costa Rica.
- Arenal Volcano, home of the famous
Tabacon Hot Springs Resort, at 1,680 meters, Arenal Volcano is an awesome sight. Tall and perfectly conical, its sides are scarred by viscous eruption and decades of flowing lava. Arenal Volcano is Costa Rica's best known volcano and is the most active. Also, it's surrounded by La Fortuna, a family-friendly city with great restaurants and tour bookings.
- Cloud Forest; The four mountain ranges that make up Costa Rica's own piece of the continental divide split in the country into its Caribbean and Pacific regions. This forest is shrouded in mist and rich in biodiversity.
- Monteverde; Other than being one of Costa Rica's largest cities, it is surrounded with cloud forests and breath taking views. While you're there, you can also stay at the Hotel & Spa Poco a Poco which is the fanciest and best hotels to stay at in Monte Verde.
Now that you have a sense of what you can experience in Costa Rica, visit the other pages so you can learn more and be prepared for the vacation of your life!